*Caution: May contain spoilers*
I love the BioShock series.
Pros of the game:
- Level of detail in not only characters and backstory (the voice acting is very, very good), but also the creation and development of Rapture
- Being a Big Daddy
- Exploring the new levels
- Listening to the audio diaries (I love them!)
Cons of the game:
- Very similar story to the first one (New tyrant, splicers work for new tyrant, new tyrant is an enemy of Andrew Ryan..)
- Surprising how easily the splicers are able to take down my Big Daddy, even with the suit and big guns (seems like you start with a very small health bar in the game)
- Insufficient Funds - I'm roughly halfway through the game, and I'm just now getting enough $$$ to buy ammo and health kits
Creepiest parts of the game:
- Walking around in near darkness with a flashlight (the bloody bodies everywhere doesn't help...)
- So much water! For those of you who know me, I'm a terrible swimmer, so I'm already a little nervous around water in the real world. However, Duke Nukem totally ruined water in video games for me, so I'm even more paranoid...
- Big Sisters, and their god-awful screams
- The story is not as good as BioShock 1 (although, it's still pretty compelling)
- Security Bots are the end-all, be-all (I sometimes set alarms off purely to summon security bots so I can hack them and have my army of 2 :D)
- Can't wait for the BioShock Movie! If they actually make it, that is...
In other news, I've only played a tiny bit of Modern Warfare 2 recently, as I've been dedicating my time to fixing my car, spending time with my bestest while playing BioShock 2 (yeah, it's a team effort), and gearing up for joining PMS. Sadly, I missed the Pre-Recruitment meeting last Sunday due to being out of town with my boyfriend and best friend (yay for seeing plays in Philly!), so hopefully I can start the 8+ training hours per week next week. Don't get me wrong - I'm dedicated - but I feel like it's going to take me a little while to get used to this new addition..not to mention re-arranging my schedule....but I'm excited!